THE RESULTS OF LYING ABOUT ALL DAY IN THE STUDIO STARING AT A CANVAS

Friday, January 14, 2011

BOY TOYS

8x10" acrylic on Masonite panel
$125 SOLD

When I was working as a builder the old joke was 'all a guy needed to be a contractor was a skillsaw a pickup truck and a dog.' That was way back when a guy could buy a license and automatically be a building contractor regardless of your knowledge or capabilities so it was not really such a joke.
These were the other three things I needed....a hammer a tape measure and a pencil. And I did learn the trade first from an old carpenter who taught me everything he knew.
Then I decided I'd stop breaking my back get out of the building business and do something easy like become a painter........that was the real joke...now I have a broken bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment