THE RESULTS OF LYING ABOUT ALL DAY IN THE STUDIO STARING AT A CANVAS

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WINTER ROBIN

6x8" acrylic on Masonite panel.......$100SOLD



It's been a long dreary winter here on the Oregon coast.Very little to draw me out into the cold to paint. A couple days ago my wife asked me what sort of bird she was looking at out in our yard. It was a Varied Thrush. Sometimes people call them winter Robins because the color and size are very close. It made me think ...now that it's March we should start seeing real Robins soon. I'm always happy to see(and hear) them because they are the herald of spring. You remember spring don't you? That time of year when the sun comes out more often and the temperature starts to rise a little and the warmth makes the buds pop on the trees and flowers and the birds start showing themselves again. And young mens hearts turn to fancy....I'm not sure what that means exactly but I think it happend to me once.
Well, anyway as soon as I see a Robin I'll paint it.... and though my heart won't turn to fancy, it will be glad to have made it through another winter at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment