THE RESULTS OF LYING ABOUT ALL DAY IN THE STUDIO STARING AT A CANVAS

Sunday, April 3, 2011

SURF CASTER

6x6" acrylic on panel..........$100 SOLD


 This is another of my Grandfather's fishing rigs......at least I think that's where it came from. I'm getting so old myself that some memories are getting a little cluttered. Anyway  this rod and reel are old. I still use it in the surf sometimes but beyond its utilitarian use I think it's a beautiful piece of nostalgia. Any fisherman would see it as cool because fishermen like anything fish related. But I tried to bring out the qualities that might appeal to anyone's sense of beauty.....the cold, gleaming chrome contrasted to the warm wood handle. The black body of the reel, the old red cotton line, the ivory-like  knob.
Pretty as a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment