THE RESULTS OF LYING ABOUT ALL DAY IN THE STUDIO STARING AT A CANVAS

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

what happened this week

This began as a completely different painting. I struggled 2 days on it and in the end wiped it all away. After pacing around  the wiped surface and squinting at it for a day or so I finally started this and made significant progress the first couple days. Now it is at the stage where it is almost there but I can't figure out what it  needs. I've been swiping at it all day today as I cleaned out and rearranged the shop/studio. It's darn close to done but......
 It's oil on linen and around 22"x30" like the last two.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great success already and I'm sure you'll figure out what else you want to do to it. The colors are really nice and dramatic and I love the water.

    ReplyDelete