THE RESULTS OF LYING ABOUT ALL DAY IN THE STUDIO STARING AT A CANVAS

Friday, February 17, 2012

new boat


 I worked and worked on a little painting of a clam digger till I got so exaperated I had to go kick the dog! Well.... I might have kicked the dog if I still had the old smell hound.  Not really. But  instead of throwing a fit,  I started a new piece. Nice and large (about 22x30 inches), just to get away from the little, tiny dailies. I get bogged down when I paint the little ones sometimes. Maybe it has to do with the little brushes? And I have to put on my reading glasses to see what I'm doing on those little 6x6" pieces. Glasses...I hate glasses!
  I think I prefer to paint standing up too. I can take a couple swipes at a piece and then stand back. Anyway, I am posting progress reports on the larger piece.
 I spent some time charcoaling in  the basic shape of the boat and then laid down the colors in the right areas with a large knife. Took a photo early on this time. I'll post some more tomorrow, so be sure to tune in!

No comments:

Post a Comment