THE RESULTS OF LYING ABOUT ALL DAY IN THE STUDIO STARING AT A CANVAS

Friday, February 3, 2012

FOURTH HOLE

 Started a project today I've been holding back on for too long. One cold, sunny day a while back, I took 172 photos of our local golf course  with the idea that I might try doing a painting of each of the 18 holes. These are  the links at Gearhart Oregon....the oldest golf course west of the Rockies ..so I'm told.
  I picked one of the nicest holes to start with. This one has a  little water hazard which gives me a chance to do some reflections.
  I started slapping the foundation colors on a 16 x30" canvas today with a broad knife  (Below)  and once I got the basics in place, I attacked it with a brush.  Looks to me like I have a chance at making something out of this if I don't overwork it. We'll see..





No comments:

Post a Comment