THE RESULTS OF LYING ABOUT ALL DAY IN THE STUDIO STARING AT A CANVAS

Monday, January 9, 2012

IN THE PAST

Acrylic on Gessoboard 8x10" in a 16x18" frame

I got sidetracked a little. Got a last minute invitation to hang a few pieces in the new show at the  RIVERSEA GALLERY in Astoria Oregon. I've been showing there for about 13 years and it's good to have an opportunity to be involved with them for a special new years show. So I'm going to put this one in and am trying to finish one other larger piece by thursday for them. The theme is 'old and new' ..or 'past and future' or  'now and then' or something along those lines. So doorways, paths, portals, etc. are a good fit. It will hang for a month and I'm sure I will be able to retire and pay off my kid's college loans from my take of the sales proceeds. Well..... I may sell something and be able to help with the mortgage at least... I'll post the other piece before it goes to show provided I find some inspiration between now and opening night.

No comments:

Post a Comment