THE RESULTS OF LYING ABOUT ALL DAY IN THE STUDIO STARING AT A CANVAS

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BOATS AKIMBO

48x62"acrylic on canvas

This is not a good photo of this piece.Too dark! But until I can light it better, you can at least see what I've been working on. As you can see by the dimensions above, this is a larger scale one. And it can't be appreciated in such a small reproduction. It is much more the sort of painting I like to do and different than the little dailies. I can't get the bolder, more abstract quality in my small pieces and also I don't feel the tiny format of  a 6x6inch painting lends itself well to things like this.  I think the small ones fill my need to do something more toward realism. I'll take a better shot of this and put it on my website later.
Available at Riversea Gallery in Astoria Or. www.riverseagallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment